Senior Ruby Developer \ Team Lead
- Lviv, UA
- Full Time, Remote
The work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About our Customer:
They have made quick and simple file-sharing, which has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 80 million monthly active users in 190 countries. They design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people — from our moms to your favorite artists.
As a certified B-Corp, their product aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
About our Workflow:
We believe that software is gardening. We trust each other to make good decisions and to continuously provide (and accept) constructive feedback. We want to build solutions that are long-lasting. This means writing code that is maintainable instead of quick fixes.
You will be joining one of our Product teams, multidisciplinary teams that include, designers, frontend and backend developers.
You’ll play a key role in fostering collaboration and creating an environment, where people can do their best work.
Why join Us?
Aside from the opportunity to be a part of a team that really cares about one another, you will also be working on something that is enjoyed by millions of users every day!
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to shaping a new look.
And you’ll be a part of a company, that wants to set a good example for the rest of the industry.
What you’ll Bring:
- 5+ years experience with Ruby, on any frameworks.
- Experience with Kubernetes and the AWS stack. Experience with performance optimization / high load environments.
- Solid foundation in writing scalable application code following best practices of accessibility, internationalization;
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints and mobile;
- Experience building and deploying applications and into cloud environments;
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing;
- Experience with Relational Database Design and Implementation
- Interest in building CI/CD pipelines desired;
- Practical experience in developing applications using microservices, container technologies, container management systems such as, Docker etc.
- Strong experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics.
Will be a Plus:
- Prior working experience in utility computing and/or cloud computing domain;
- Experience in open source UI frameworks;
- Experience building and deploying applications and into cloud environments.
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills;
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively, with both technical and non-technical people;
- Ability to work with global teams across time zones;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility;
- Experience delivering results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships;
- Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives);
- “Self-starter” attitude and the ability to make decisions independently.
Responsibility of Team Lead:
- Drive significant technology initiatives end-to-end and across multiple layers of architecture;
- Architecting and developing scalable applications or systems;
- Drive design and implementation of durable and software solutions that, will solve critical customer problems, which are scalable, secure, easy to maintain, and interact with numerous others;
- Actively stay abreast on industry best practices, share learnings, and experiment and apply cutting edge technologies;
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model/coach to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering;
- Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole and generate creative ideas for emerging business needs.
- Professional and career growth promotion;
- Competitive salary;
- Paid vacations and sick leaves;
- Flexible working hours;
- Regular corporate social activities;
- Regular technical training in our office;
- English courses;
- Gym, etc.